Summer Trip Camp utilizes a two-step application process in order to ensure that prospective campers can be successful in the program.
Dates and tuition information can be found here.
Here’s how the Summer Trip Camp application process works:
1. Forward this online questionnaire to one of your son’s current teachers. By forwarding this form you are waiving your right to view the form. (The reason for this is because I want teachers to be able to answer the questions as honestly as possible, without fear of backlash from parents.)
2. If I believe your son could be successful in Summer Trip Camp I will ask you to set up a brief, informal online interview with your son so we can meet and I can tell him about camp. (There is no charge for this and it will take no longer than 10 minutes.) If I do not believe that Summer Trip Camp is where I believe your son can be most successful I will provide you with referrals to summer camps where I believe he can be successful.
3. After your son’s informal interview you will have 3 days to decide if you would like to move forward and register him for camp. If you would like to move forward I will send you the online application and required medical forms. A $500.00 deposit is required to reserve your son’s spot in camp.
A few important things to know before beginning the application process:
- Summer Trip Camp is an active program. We spend a significant amount of time outdoors (beach, water activities, etc.). If your son does not like being outdoors he may not enjoy the program.
- The application processdoes not guarantee admission to Summer Trip Camp.
- Not all boys who present with ADHD are an appropriate match for Summer Trip Camp. Please read the information here about campers’ profiles before beginning the application process.
- Photos and videos from Summer Trip Camp are posted on ADHD Dude/Summer Trip Camp social media. No identifying information about your son will ever be shared (aside from possibly his first name if it is used in a video). This policy is non-negotiable. If you do not want your son to appear in photos/videos he is not eligible to attend Summer Trip Camp.
- I cannot hold space for more than 3 days after your son’s informal interview (should he be eligible to attend).
- I am happy to provide you with information about where to stay during your time here as well as tell you some options if you are bringing younger children with you. Many families take the time to explore the area with their other children, there is no shortage of things to do here in the summer.
Here is the link for the professional questionnaire which you will forward to one of your son’s current teachers: https://form.jotform.com/93196515393162.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding the admissions process.