Boys who will be between the ages of 11-15 by June 30, 2020 are eligible to attend Summer Trip Camp. An admissions interview is required for all new families as part of the application process as well as a teacher questionnaire. (Parents agree to waive their right to see the teacher’s answers so teachers can answer without fear of backlash from parents).
No diagnosis is required to attend Summer Trip Camp although the majority of our campers are diagnosed with ADHD or anxiety with ADHD.
Please note that not all boys who present with ADHD would be successful in Summer Trip Camp. Summer Travel Camp does not offer a level of support for boys whom:
- are prone to physical/verbal aggression, emotional outbursts in school or in public
- prone to elopement when upset/angry
- have significantly difficulty working in a group in school
- make threats of aggression towards teachers or classmates
- require 1:1 support in school or are in a self-contained behavioral classroom for the majority of the school day
- are diagnosed with Asperger’s or higher-verbal autism
- have significant anxiety that manifests as negativity/outbursts when in a group setting
- are home schooled or attend cyber schools
Additionally, Summer Trip Camp is not a good match for parents who have separation anxiety from their children as we do not allow campers to carry phones with them.
Campers are expected to continue their daily medication regimen during their time at camp. Despite the advice of professionals and physicians, camp is not a good time for a “medication vacation”.
If Summer Trip Camp is not where we believe your son could be most successful we will be happy to provide you with referrals to other camps where we believe your son could be successful.
Summer Trip Camp is a small program in order to assure a high degree of individual attention and instruction. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
Contact us to begin the application process: